Madstad Quick-Release Adjustable Windshield System for Triumph Thunderbird Storm (2011 & Up)
Our complete drop-in system requires no modification and includes everything needed to mount and position the shield:
- Fork-mount quick-release base plates
- Quick-detach adjustable windshield brackets
- Touring windshield
- All requires mounting hardware
Additional optional components:
- Quick-detach lower deflectors (create a smoother ride)
- Quick-detach fly screen (short dark sport screen)
The touring shield is positioned in front of your instrument cluster and the adjustable brackets allow you to set it for the most comfortable airflow depending on your particular height and riding position. Adjustability is critical for smooth comfortable wind protection while looking over the shield, not through it!
Removing or attaching the windshield simply takes a flip of two locking tabs then the brackets with shield slide right up off of the forks. Only a small bracket on each side is left behind (see photos). NOTE: The shield on the silver Storm is an 18 inch Light Gray, and on the red Storm is a 20 inch Light Gray. The fly screen is on a Rocket III but is just about identical on the Storm.
All Madstad windshields are made from 3/16"" (4.5 mm) thick cast acrylic.
Colors & sizing
All our windshields come in three color options (clear, medium gray and dark gray), as well as multiple sizes. Here are our best guidelines for measuring to find your optimal windshield size:
1) Review provided photo to determine the measuring point on the bike.
2) Measure up from the measuring point, maintaining the angle of the forks (two wheeled vehicles, 55-60 degrees for other models).
3) Select the windshield size that will be aligned to mouth level.
All of our adjustable brackets have at least 2" of up down range to fine tune the fit and about 15 degrees of angle adjustment used to dial in clean air.
Transform your ride
Madstad’s patented adjustable shield system allows riders to adjust the height and angle of their motorcycle windshield resulting in much smoother airflow, better wind protection and a more comfortable ride than any fixed windshield can provide. Better still, this system is quickly detachable without tools so you can switch back and forth easily from touring shield to naked bike
Returns & exchanges
See our return/exchange policy details under FAQs, and buy with confidence.